Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving in Florida

We had so much fun in Florida. The flight down was great. William watched movies (thanks Meredith) and George slept. I have tons of pictures and would have more but the battery died on my camera. We loved being with Mimi, Papi, and Aunt Kack.

We have a new way of getting to the airport. You park off site and they drive you to the airport in a limousine. While you are gone they wash your car and change your oil. It is wonderful. Rich wanted me to be sure to add that it only cost $10 per day. (I asked Rich to check my spelling and he added that last part.) William loved riding in the limo.



Mimi and Papi have a beautiful home on the water. William helped Papi with the boat.


He is ready to go fishing. Gaylords, I think you could have another Pankow to tag along. But as for me, I will stay on dry land. Maybe at the spa.


Mimi had the house decorated beautifuly. Fresh flowers everywhere and special Thanksgiving bears for William, Taylor, and George. The house smelled so delicious when we arrived, they had made fresh pumpkin bread and it tasted better than it smelled. I think I ate the whole thing.


Papi knew just how to calm George down. He loved being outside and no one blamed him. The view is beautiful and the weather was perfect. Saturday morning I sat outside in my pjs drinking my coffee with a fur throw and it was wonderful.


Papi made William a box castle. He and Mimi had a great time playing.




We headed over to the Nordstroms Off Rack for a little shopping therapy. Aunt Kack helped William out with picking up the ladies.


As Kathryn said, Look at that swagger.



We always love seeing Oliver. But I am not sure he would say the same about William. He chased him all over the house. Sorry Oliver!



Aunt Kack took William to the Childrens' Museum and let Rich tag along. They had so much fun.



My two firefighters.
William: "Wait what happened to my wing man."

Aunt Kack and William predicting the weather.




Not sure this is what I envisioned when I put him in his smocked outfit. But it does look like fun.


William: "I am out of here!"


Here is a picture of Mimi and William. Mimi had the perfect night time toy. Remember the glow sticks, necklaces, etc.. You bend it and it pops and then starts to glow. Well she had necklaces for William and he loved it.

We got to meet one of Kathryn's friends, Paige. William was in love at first sight. He crawled right up in the chair with her. He followed Paige wherever she went. He loved her. It was hilarious!

Poor Kathryn. She had spent the whole day with William at the museum and he did not care one thing about her. At least she still has Oliver.

Well that is where my pictures end but not the end of our trip. We had wonderful meals and an even more wonderful time. We got to see Anne Leigh and Ben, Blake and Haven and their handsome new addition Hunter.

I wish I could say the flight home was as easy as the flight there but I will leave it at that. Thanks Mimi, Papi and Aunt Kack for a wonderful Thanksgiving, early.

It did take me a week to get this posted. Life just gets crazy sometimes. I go back to work tomorrow and even though I feel better...well I cannot explain how much better I feel that George will be at home with my parents, I am still very sad to leave him. His little personality is starting to come out. When he smiles it is amazing. It is so big. I love it in the morning when he sees me for the first time and just smiles as if saying, "There you are, I missed you." I do only have 3 weeks and then off again for 2, but still please keep me in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment