Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lunch Box

When I picked William up from school Tuesday, one of his teachers pulled me aside and said, "If you could pack William a little more variety in his lunch box that would be great." (aka: you are a crappy mom!)  "He asks for the other kids food, today I had to share some of my apple with him."  So now my kid is that kid.

So I went to the grocery and got a smorgasbord of stuff to pack.  This was my conversation with William this morning:
Me: William do you want a cookie in your lunch box. **Normally I would not have asked, I would have just packed, but he has not been eating his cookies lately.

William: Yes, and an apple.
Me: Well do you want apple sauce or an apple?
W: Both, and grapes!
Me: I don't have grapes, what about strawberries?
W: Yes, strawberries, and no skin on apple!

Can I say demanding?!?!

Well below is his lunch: Jelly sandwich (no crust), veggie straws, apple sauce, strawberries, carrots, cheese squares, apples (with a little lemon so they do not turn brown), and a cookie.

Now I know why my mom told me to pack my own lunch or eat at school.  We might need a bigger lunch box!



No comments:

Post a Comment